Friday, March 9, 2012

Tim Shelton : Everything Went Black : Work in Progress II

I don't think the development of this piece could have been any more ironic. Turns out I didn't budget enough time to finish the original drawing for Tim Shelton's "Everything Went Black" show. So at the last minute I decided to draw something up on the fly- 200 dollars later, we have an overnight delivery slated to arrive one day before the show opening... genius. Hopefully I don't piss too many people off as a result of this debacle. But either way you can still enjoy the fruits of my last minute labor via this blog or my Facebook page.

Caption: 
"At last! I am one with 
the greatest philosopher poet 
of our modern world!"

Title: "LOL, Henry Rollins!"

Size: 10"x16"

Medium: Black Ballpoint Pen, Blue Colored Pencil,
Shellac Ink and Gold Ink on top of a Walnut Ink Stain.




 






The show opens this Saturday, March 10th at The Pretty Pretty Collective located in San Francisco's Mission District. I would give just about anything to be there and mingle among some of Tim's hand picked artists. Once again, I am greatly humbled and honored to be part of such an amazing event with so many incredibly talented people.


If I get invited back next year, maybe then I can attempt to finish what I had originally set out to accomplish- it's my own fault for going overboard once again. And so, it seems as if my experiment has proven that I am still not mature enough to handle overly ambitious projects... dammit.

Thanks for checking in, I'm sure I'll figure it out one of these days... 
but until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment